Since achieving goals is often explained in vague points, this article will explain it more specifically. First off, you have to think of what kind of image you want for yourself after achieving your goal. Then you have to honestly look at how much effort and time it takes to achieve that goal.
Next, try thinking about all the methods and processes to achieve your goal. You need to make a plan for it and think of how much time you will invest in achieving that goal, including the problems you will face during it, etc. There is no guarantee that everything goes as planned, so prepare yourself for unexpected events and continue thinking about other problems that those unforeseen events can cause.
- Courage moves us past our fears to achieve what we want.
- Forgiveness heals the pain and suffering from holding on to resentment, the desire for revenge, and anger, as it improves our well-being.
- Gratitude shifts our focus from lack to abundance, increasing our happiness.
- Hope has us believe that anything is possible, so we stay the course.
- Perseverance gives us the will to see it through despite fear, discouragement, and opposition.
The capability to take risks by walking outside your comfort zone through courage is the leading way by which you grow. But, unfortunately, it often happens in a situation when you are afraid to take that first step. In reality, comfort zones are not actually about comfort; they are about anxiety.
To achieve your goals, you need to break the chains of fear through the key of courage to get in depth. Once you do, you will also learn to relish the process of taking risks and developing in the process.
You often get dispirited in life when you can’t remain in your zone of genius: where you can experience yourself as a strong, satisfied, and courageous being. Further, staying in the zone of genius also suggests that you become aware of what’s exterior of your comfort zone and the door to your success.
For this, you can draw a circle and mention those things down the exterior of the circle. This process will not only let you realize your worries but your comforts as well.
What are the 10 steps to achieve a goal?
- Take action
- Try hard
- Keep practicing
- Explore a different way
- Ask someone how to do it better
- Do your best
- Learn how others have done it
- Build upon your strengths
- Review and fix any mistakes
- Don’t give up
In order to make a plan, you need to acquire information on the present status of your goal, whether it be from documents or personal experience. Then group the acquired information into several categories, see how they influence each other, and then structure a plan. Finally, move forward while revising that plan continuously while keeping in mind the points listed.
How does courage help achieve goals?
“Courage has been called the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.” – Winston Churchill
When is courage important in achieving goals? How is courage connected to goal achievement?” Ron Ratliff answers in an article that stated, “Courage begins with a self-awareness of one’s own fears and how to manage them.”(Ratliff). According to Ratliff, he is stating that courage is able to help achieve your goals because you have more motivation to do things without fear of failure or not being good enough for others. This statement can be very agreeable because knowing your fears and how to manage them will give you a better chance of success in setting and achieving a goal.
“Our fears grow out of our ignorance of the possibilities that exist by following the courageous path.”(Ratliff) Courage also helps achieve goals because courage gives you a better chance of following the right path in achieving your goals. A good example is when you go on a road trip and get lost; if you had courage, then it would give you the motivation to ask for help or try to find your way back yourself rather than sit in the car and wait for someone else to come and save you. Courage has a lot to do with risk-taking. There are three different types of risks, calculated risk, reckless risk, and needless risk.
Everyone faces challenges in life, but not everyone has the courage to persevere through them.
Courage is an essential characteristic for anyone who wants to achieve their goals. As Jim Rohn says, “The more you run your own race, the more opportunities you will find along the way.”
Referring to the quote above, you can’t simply wish that opportunities will come to you and expect them to happen. Instead, you must pursue your goals, despite the challenges and struggles that will inevitably arise.
Courage is needed for individual goals such as pursuing a career or building a business and for those who aspire to make a change in the world or affect others. Without courage, the goals of human rights activists are just words on paper, and world leaders who wish to unite their communities can never accomplish this.
To reiterate some valid points:
- Think of what kind of image you want for yourself after achieving your goal.
- Look at how much effort and time it takes to achieve that goal.
- Think of all the methods and processes you will need to go through in order to achieve that goal, including the problems you will face during it, etc.
- Make a plan for it, thinking of how much time you will invest in achieving that goal, including the problems you will face during it, etc. Of course, there is no guarantee that everything goes as planned, so be prepared for unexpected events.
- Acquire information on the present status of your goal from documents or personal experience, group the acquired information into several categories and see how they influence each other, then structure a plan based on that.
- Move forward while revising the plan continuously while keeping in mind the points in steps 1-5.
- Continue thinking about other problems that can be caused by those unexpected events.
- Have the resolve and patience to work for it for a long time, working hard will eventually achieve your goal no matter what it takes.
In order to achieve your goal, you need the resolve and patience to work for it for a long time however, you also need various other knowledge and abilities beyond this article. Someone who works hard will eventually achieve their goal no matter what it takes.